The Worldwide Snorkeling Forum

Playa Mulata (in front of C.C La Mulata), Playa Blanca, Lanzarote

Places to go snorkeling in Europe
MermaidK8

Playa Mulata (in front of C.C La Mulata), Playa Blanca, Lanzarote

Postby MermaidK8 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm not even sure if this is the name of the beach, but it is the name of the centre behind (Centro Comercial La Mulata). It's the beach in front of the restaurants and bars in the area, including the great, but overpriced (and slow to serve) Marea cocktail bar.

This is a great little place to snorkel in Playa Blanca.

My partner and I saw a small turtle :o (think it was a loggerhead) back in 2013 which was a surprise as he had been snorkeling in this area for nearly 10 years (and it was only my 8th ever excursion) - in short... we were very lucky and its doubtful to happen again. The turtle was gone in a flash and silly me tried to keep up (mistake...needless to say Ive learnt since then :roll: ).

This is a quiet area and tends to be visited by locals as its a black sand beach (some white sand further around by the Chiringuito tropical - great for a beer after a snorkel).

Plenty of lava flow, rocky areas and some overhangs if you swim out far enough. We tended to head out to the right of the beach. Nothing comes close to the amazing turtle sighting, but we usually saw cuttlefish, damsels, peacock wrasse (pesca verde), parrot fish, Salema, Bogue and smallish sea breams.

Visibility is pretty good and its quite sheltered compared to other spots in that area of Playa Blanca.

Return to “Europe, the Canary Islands, Madeira and the Azores”