Apparently the best visibility is in March, April and May, but it's never going to be outstanding here.
Having said all of that, if you are staying in the local area, then pack your snorkel.
- Ease of Access: Straight off the beach, though you do have to swim over a wide very shallow section of mixed sand, coral, weed and sea cucumbers to get to the reef - not as easy as it sounds!
- Hazards: Getting over the very shallow section
- Best time to go: March, April and May
- Water Temperature: 27 - 30° C
- Highlights: Brain Corals, Parrotfish, Blue Spotted Stingrays